The new, improved Metsä Board range now offers even stronger performance in highly demanding end-uses, such as food, beauty care, healthcare or luxury packaging and graphics applications.
April 25, 2019
Metsä Board – part of Metsä Group – has created a new, enhanced folding boxboard portfolio, designed specifically to help brand owners and packaging converters tackle the big issues in packaging: saving resources, reducing carbon footprint and ensuring product safety.
Besides being better for the environment through light weighting, the improved product range offers customer benefits by boosting brand appeal with its enhanced and balanced visual properties. The refreshed, simplified selection of products further helps improve Metsä Board’s folding boxboards’ already leading quality consistency, as well as supply reliability.
“Packaging of the future is all about creating better brand experiences with less environmental impact. It is important that we continuously develop new solutions to make packaging even more safe and sustainable. For example, improvements to our new High Yield Pulp have enabled us to further enhance our paperboards thus providing even further opportunities for brand owners to lightweight their packaging,” states Ari Kiviranta, SVP Development, Metsä Board.
The range consists of five grades:
- MetsäBoard Natural FBB – NEW is an uncoated, rigid OBA-free grade that provides an on-trend natural surface to provide authenticity to high end product packaging.
- MetsäBoard Classic FBB remains unchanged offering the same superior stiffness and high yield as before.
- MetsäBoard Pro FBB OBAfree – NEW presents an improved OBA-free grade with high natural brightness combined with excellent printability.
- MetsäBoard Pro FBB Bright – NEW is a multipurpose board with high brightness on top and reverse, now offering further opportunities for lightweighting.
- MetsäBoard Prime FBB Bright – NEW combines superb brightness, new bluish white shade and high stiffness offering sustainable luxury for high end packaging.
Metsä Board is the pioneer and innovation leader in premium lightweight paperboards that enable reduced environmental impact compared to conventional grades. They use less raw materials, energy and water, as well as enabling lower transport weights and reduced waste, all of which results in a lower carbon footprint during the whole packaging life cycle.