With a production capacity of 2.55 Million tons Per Annum (MTPA), Cerrado will be the world’s largest plant with a single eucalyptus pulp production line.
November 10, 2021
Brazilian pulp producer Suzano has ordered a state-of-the-art and resource-efficient technology from ANDRITZ for all main process islands in the fiber production and chemical recovery plant, for its Cerrado project in the municipality of Ribas do Rio Pardo, State of Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil.
The startup of the production line is slated to take place in the second half of 2024. Having a production capacity of 2.55 Million tons Per Annum (MTPA), Cerrado will be the world’s largest plant with a single eucalyptus pulp production line. Civil construction, installation, commissioning, and start-up services are also included in the ANDRITZ scope of supply.
Watch: Paper Mart News Roundup
The scope of supply of the contract includes the following:
- A complete wood processing plant with five chipping lines – consisting the world’s biggest horizontally fed HHQ-Chipper.
- The world’s largest single-line Fiberline, including LoSolids continuous cooking enabling high pulp yield, efficient heat recovery and unique washing and bleaching technology based on DD-Washers.
- An innovative EvoDryTM Pulp Drying System with two energy-efficient pulp drying lines based on the high-capacity Twin Wire Former technology.
- Energy-efficient Black Liquor Evaporation Plant, which has advanced energy integration with the cooking plant and the Ash Recrystallization Plant (ARC).
- The HERB Recovery Boiler features energy-efficient flue gas cooling and feed water preheating technologies to maximize steam production for power generation. The boiler is equipped with SMART recovery boiler solutions, such as smelt spout cleaning robots and Advanced Control Expert (ACE).
- A biomass Power Boiler based on the high-performance ANDRITZ EcoFluid Bubbling Fluidized Bed (BFB) technology.
- A complete White Liquor Plant with ANDRITZ gasification plants, enabling full fossil-free operation of the lime kilns with an optimized pulp mill carbon footprint. The new recausticizing plant includes efficient green liquor filtration with LimeGreen filters.